April 17, 2012

A Thank You From Rejects & Scrap

I don't know about you, but I keep every little scrap. So often I will start on a card and find that it's just not working. You know, you get that vision and they you sit down and...nope...not working. When this happens I keep the pieces I have started. I stack them up on the corner of my desk and hope that someday I"ll be able to used them. I sat down the other day and pulled out my stack. I decided I was going to make cards using pieces from it. I actually did really good. I managed to get 7 cards done and my stack is so much smaller.

Here is one of the cards I made. I've had the flowers done for about a month. I was on a roll and colored them when I was working on some for other card. About a week ago I attached them to the piece of cardstock and that's are far as that went. The striped paper was a piece of scrap from other card. All I had to do was attach all the pieces I already had, stamp the sentement and add the pearls. Finally...I have a complete card! Wow...a month to make one card..that's pretty sad..haha.


Thanks for stopping by. I'll be back soon with another card made from my left overs.

Deanna Jean

Supplies: All supplies PTI unless otherwise stated. Stamps Pretty Peonies (limited edition) and Think Big Favorites #4 Ink Simply Chartreuse Paper Smokey Shadow & Simply Chartreuse Stipes Copics BV 23 & BV 20

16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love the beautiful colors on the flowers...and I did the same thing yesterday morning. Made cards from flowers that I'd had on my desk forever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deanna, this card is totally gorgeous! I love how you created this card. I made a card the same way just a week ago - one piece at a time over an extended time. That process really worked for you with this card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful card. I love the colors. I am definitely a scrap saver. I always reach for my scraps first when staring a new card. Many of my cards are 90% scraps:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful "reject and scrap" card. You can come over and make cards out of my scraps anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your card is just stunning Deanna. Your colouring is simply beautiful. I would love to receive a card like this. Great use of your scraps, I have a pile of them building up too, thanks for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous. Your scrap pile card is a work of art. I love your coloring, and how the green in the leaves ties into the green on the background paper. I'm so glad I finally ordered that peonies set.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna, I'd wait a month if it lead to such perfection! This card is spectacular, Donna! I'm another one who's done the "scrap thing" lately, but not with such amazing results! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is beautiful! So glad you were able to use your scraps! It really is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea--I should get to work on my stack of scraps! Your beautiful card is just the inspiration I needed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've also got a scrap pile of castoffs. I usually keep them around for a while then toss them out when they languish for too long. I never thought to challenge myself to try to put them all together and create something new.

    I love the colors on this card. The soft colors of the flowers are perfect for the striped paper.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wish my rejects and scraps looked this good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this layout! And the colour scheme too!
    You are making me want to dig through my scrap pile. :)
    THose flowers are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good job useing up some scraps. This card is amazing, so well put together, love it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...