July 8, 2012

Freshly Made Sketches #42

I hope all of you are having a wonderful weekend. We've spent the last two days working in the yard, and I'm one tired cookie. We haven't had much sunshine yet this year and it decided to make it's appearance. The tempature has been in the high 90's. My body hasn't adjusted to the heat yet.

I did get a chance to sit down last night and create a card for this weeks Freshly Made Sketches challenge. I also got to ink up my new Hexagon set from PTI...LOVE it!!



When I first put the hexagons on the card they didn't have the "stitching" around them. Because the colors are so soft they blended in with the white a little too much.

Here you can see my layers. I attached the Aqua Mist strip with my Dots and the white panel with foam tape. I love mixing the two.

Here is this weeks sketch. 


Thanks for stopping by.

Deanna Jean

Supplies:
Stamps: PTI Happy Hexagons & Flower Fusion #9
 Inks: PTI Aqua Mist, Spring Moss, Melon Berry, Classic Kraft & True Black
Paper: PTI Kraft, Spring Moss & Aqua Mist
Dots: My Esty Store

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful Deanna, aren't the hexagons so much fun?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally digging those hexagons, and your added stitching really makes them stand out. I love how you kept the card clean and simple but with so much detail. Thanks for playing along with this week's sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow--this is just gorgeous. I love how you put the stitching on. I'll need to try that next time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great card! Inspired idea to add the hand-stitching so the hexies pop!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card! I so want that PTI set!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow ...Simply beautiful ... love your clean and elegant styling Deanna! The placement of your hexagons are amazing!!!
    Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The black is the perfect accent to the hexagons!! What a fantastic card...love the clean lines! So glad you joined us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clean and cute! I love the 'stitching' on the hexgons! Thanks for playing at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Deanna! I love the hexagons and I think the black stitching adds the perfect touch! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all the multi-colored hexagons. And the stitching is perfect. Now on to those DOTS! Where have those been all my life? Heading over to Etsy now. Must. Have. Dots.

    ReplyDelete
  11. pretty..love the soft colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Deanna, this card is GORGEOUS!!! I really love everything about it! The colors are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE a hex LOL! FAB card Deanna - love the colours :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...