April 12, 2013

Fusion #2

Wow! We had an amazing response to our first Fusion challenge. There were 107 amazing creations. I just have to say that I'm so happy all of you got to choose the winner by voting. There is no way I could have possibly picked a favorite. Thank you all for making our first challenge such a huge success. 

It's time to kick off week two.


I love how the lines on the sketch go from light to dark, but man I struggled to get the look I wanted. I tried stamping them, but that didn't work out so well. I wanted to stay in the same color scheme and didn't have three colors that worked well enough together. Then I tried solid paper..nope, didn't like that either. Then I remembered I had this paper. Success!

Here is this week's sketch and inspiration photo.
In case you are new to Fusion here is how it works:
PROCEDURES:
1. Play with just Jackie's sketch challenge.
2. Play with just Lesley's inspiration photo challenge.
3. Or you can create FUSION by combining BOTH challenges into one card.
4. Use the challenge graphic and link back to Fusion in your post.
5. Please read the other considerations on the Experiment Page before playing along.

The scientist:

 
Okay, it's your turn to play. I can't wait to see what amazing creations all of you make this week.
 
Thank you for stopping by,
Deanna Jean

Supplies:
Paper: Papertrey Ink Beautiful Beads (Blue + Green Mix) Ocean Tides
Stamps: Papertrey Ink Celebrations & Beautiful Blooms II 
Ink: Papertrey Ink Ripe Avadaco
Die: Papertrey Ink Bloom Builders #3
 

12 comments:

  1. Perfect combinations of patterned paper. Love the simplicity of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the mix of colors and patterns! The bloom is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where can we see the results of the voting?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love the gorgeous patterned papers you choose!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful, Deanna! Love the selection of papers you ended up with!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous, Deanna! Love the colors/patterns, and your flower is THE PERFECT embellishment for it! Stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That paper is perfect and your stacked flower is a stunner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colors on this one...the papers are gorgeous and that flower....sooooo sweet!! Your work is beautiful, Deanna!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know what you mean about struggling - I had a bit of that with this challenge, too. But your card looks like perfection to me, so fabulous job! I love what you created, in these lovely colors, too. Beautiful. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've single-handedly made me put that patterned paper in my cart. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous card... love that flower!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is absolutely gorgeous, Deanna! LOVE the layers of your blossom and the teal and olive color palette is so deliciously rich!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...