January 5, 2014

Fusion Is Back

I was so sad when I heard that the Fusion challenge was going to be cancelled. But that didn't last for long..they are back and this week is their first challenge. I was part of the original design team so this challenge holds a special place in my heart. The graphic might be different but the theme is the same.

Here is my card:


For my card I decided to go with just the inspiration from the photo. Are these colors beautiful together or what?  This is another one of those color combos that I would have never thought to put together. I pulled from the pattern in the pillows and the wall color for my embossing and the beautiful color from the headboard and pillows for my flowers. I added a little color to my roses with a Copic marker. I attached the white panel with foam tape and the flowers with my dots.

The challenge:

Thanks for stopping by.

Blessings,
Deanna Jean

Supplies:
Stamps: Paptertrey Ink Rosie Posie & Stylish Sentiments: Birthday
Inks: SU! Crumb Cake & Versa Magic Pumpkin Spice
Paper: Papertrey Ink: Ocean Tides
Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug
Copic Marker: YR02
Enamel Dots: My Minds Eye

12 comments:

  1. love how you used the colors - i'm really glad fusion is back too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was glad to see Fusion return, too!
    Beautiful card, Deanna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok Deanna, that embossing folder just rocketed to the top of my HOT list! Love this lots. So loved your designs back in the original FUSION Days Deanna! This is no different, ROCKSTAR card girl!
    I will have to check out the Card Concept that you are a DT on now!

    Thanks for joining us, means alot!! I hope you can join more often too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deanna, absolutely stunning. I love how you used the colors...the flowers are beyond stunning! So glad to see you back at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card, Deanna...great colors, great design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning is right, Deanna! Awesome design and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! I have those roses and never think to ink them up! I love how you gave them a bit of highlight with a Copic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just gorgeous. Love your color scheme and your design.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning Card!!!! I love love love the embossed stripe with the big bold flowers. So beautiful and thanks for playing along with us at fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I was sitting here trying to figure out how you got the great shading on the roses...great idea! Your card totally reminds me of the inspiration photo...you picked up all the key elements and spun them into something just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just STUNNING Deanna!!! So glad you joined in the fun @ FUSION :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card! Love the flower and sprinkling of dots.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...