July 31, 2012

ColourQ

I'm stopping in with my card for this weeks ColourQ. I am so in love with this color combo. There is a story behind this weeks card. First here is what I came up with.




Are these colors amazing together or what? I kept my card pretty simple. To help me make sure I kept my butterflies where I wanted them, I drew a light line with a pencil. After I stamped my butterflies I erased it. I love the flow of the butterflies.

This weeks colors:

Okay, here is the story behind my card. As soon as I saw the inspiration picture I knew exactly what I was going to do. If you are a Papertrey Ink fan, you know they just came out with this great hexagon set. I went right to work on my card. I got it all done and went to post it to the design team page for Arielle, and Kara had the same idea as me. I wasn't fast enough..darn it. I put so much work into my card I had to share it.



Did you notice that my hexagon colors match the pattern on the inspiration photo? After I got the card done I decided I should have used Berry Sorbet paper instead of Pure Poppy. I had so much fun putting this card together.

I hope you will join us at the ColourQ this week. You have until Sunday August 5th at 12 noon CST to link up you creations.

Deanna Jean

Supplies:
All supplies are Papertrey Ink unless stated otherwise
Butterfly card:
Stamps: Beautiful Butterflies &  Year Of Flowers Morning Glory
Inks: Sweet Blush, Simply Chartreuse, Berry Sorbet, Orange Zest & True Black

Sending You card:
Stamps: Sending You, Beautiful Blooms II & Lovely Layers
Paper: Sweet Blush, Simply Chartreuse, Orange Zest & Pure Poppy
Cover Plate: Hexagon Die
Die Beautiful Blooms II #2 
  

20 comments:

  1. I was blown away by your cards this morning Deanna! WOW both cards are STUNNING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow! so stunning...love the movement on the first and the second WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you posted your hex card anyway!! It's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are both gorgeous! I saw the first one and I smiled - it's such a happy card! The second card is stunning and it does match the photo perfectly - so glad you shared!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deanna, your butterflies are so creative and unique. I had that 'Why didn't I think of that moment' and I am so glad you shared your second card it is gorgeous! Funny I was going to use the quatrefoil die until I saw Kara`s gorgeous card. I am so CASEing both of you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. & I am so in love with these cards - wow! Simply gorgeous, great designs! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two awesome cards. I love the flow of those butterflies. the saying goes with them perfectly.
    Love the hexagon card too! gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. both cards are just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of these cards are amazing! Love the different interpretations and use of colors...just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Deanna, too bad she beat you to the punch.,.,.but lucky for us, because your butterfly card is stunning! I think it is really fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I can't choose a favorite! I love the flow of butterflies in your CAS card but that hexagon card is just stunning and I think it just pops with pure poppy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both of your cards are really incredible. I love them both. Who knew that in the Olympics of crafting, speed was essential.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both cards are really awesome! These colors are quite amazing together~

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your cards! they are so pretty and bright :) Glad I found your blog through ColorQ! will keep dropping by.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG...this hexagon card is fabulous! Wowwowow! However, I also love the butterfly one and the sense of movement that it gives to the card. Both are such inspirational cards, Deanna!

    ReplyDelete
  16. They are both just beautiful ~ love the soft feel of the butterflies in your second one and the bold statement in first one!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your butterfly card is so pretty. Very nice design.

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE them BOTH Deanna! The flurry of butterflies is just gorgeous and one can see the work and time that went into your pretty hexagon card. So glad you shared them both!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Deanna I love both of your cards! LOVE the colors too. I would really like to CASE your butterfly card for a class if that's okay? So gorgeous but still clean and simple.
    I too like PTI and your hexagon card is fabulous!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  20. SO beautiful! Those butterflies all the way up the card are just stunning. Just found your blog and am now a follower.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...