May 14, 2012

Freshly Made Sketches & Paper Players

Yikes...I almost missed the deadline over at Freshly Made Sketches! That would have been a big bummer. My weekend was so busy and my mind on so much I lost track of dates. I think I'm going to create a challenge calendar to help me keep track. Anyways, I'm stopping in with my card for this weeks Freshly Made Sketches and The Paper Players challenges.

Here is my card.

I just love these bright colors this week. I was looking through my card stash and found I don't really have any cards that will work for little boys. So that was the theme I went for.  I wanted to add clouds but I don't have a cloud stamp. I do however have a cloud die. I made my own stamp by cutting the cloud out of fun foam. This is a trick I learned from one of Papertrey Inks Make It Monday videos. I used a piece of double sided tape and attached it to my clear block..ta da..cloud stamp.



See you soon,

Deanna Jean

Supplies:
Paper: PTI Aqua Mist, Pure Poppy,  Harvest Gold & Aqua Mist Stripe
Ink: PTI Pure Poppy & Versamark
Stamp sets: PTI Fly Away & Think Big #12
Dies: PTI Cloud 1 & 2 and Fly Away

19 comments:

  1. Your cleverness astounds me. What a cute, cute little boy card! PERFECT use of the challenge colors---thanks so much for playing with us and for that great tip about the fun foam!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super duper adorable Deanna! Love how you used the colours and the sketch! Just awesome! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players and Freshly Made Sketches.
    Smiles,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent card Deanna, I love that you made your own cloud stamp from fun foam. A technique I haven't tried yet. Love your airplane.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just brilliant! I need to make some clouds too! This card really hits the mark for little boys. Love the airplane! Glad you joined us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a very cute card!! Love how you used both challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! What an awesome idea about the fun foam... I'm certainly going to have to remember that one :) Sweet little card!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great way to create your own stamp! Clever, clever! And I love your sweet little boy card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so fun for a little lad! Great clouds and thanks for the tip on how you made them ... one to remember for future use :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your Queen of Clean title..this is truly a brilliant card! Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A challenge calendar! Sounds perfect to me. Really, that card is adorable. Love the colors. the striped paper is perfect for a little boy. very clever way of stamping those clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Deanna, I would never have thought of these colors for a boy card - boy... was I wrong! I love the bold colors with the bold focal image and sentiment. What a great tip on creating your own cloud stamp! So glad you shared this fabulous project with the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is amazing! Totally eye catching and I love how you created those clouds. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely ADORE everything about this card. Way to rock the colors, the sketch and those foam clouds...amazing! So glad you joined us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic card! I just love how you've combined both challenges and those clouds are a very clever idea. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is adorable Deanna, love the way you've used the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Deanna, this is fantastic! Love how you paired the colors together in such a fresh and fun way. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, Deanna...I'm such a fan of your work! Your clean and simple style just grabs my attention every time (not to mention your beautifully photographed cards!) Gorgeous and bright. I love it! So glad you shared your card with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations ! I saw you win both challenges with this... Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...